Summer has officially arrived and it’s brought along a heatwave for the ride. That’s great news – until you get trapped in the daily commute, dodging rammed tube carriages, buses stuck in traffic jams, and certain rail companies cancelling services with little warning.
However, this July commuters will be encouraged to avoid the tube, trains and buses in a bid to commute a collective one million miles in just one month, as Red Bull’s Million Mile Commute returns for its second year.
Cyclists and runners throughout the country are urged to collectively rack up a million miles this summer on Strava, and by logging miles you can get various rewards. An on-can promotion (Red Bull Energy Drink & Red Bull Sugarfree 250ml cans) with a limited edition design will also give consumers a 30 days Strava premium access code.In 2018, the challenge will run throughout July only – so Million Mile Commuters will have four weeks to hit one million miles and in doing so are eligible to win a number of prizes.
Reaching each distance milestone enters you into the draw for that and all preceding milestones:
- The first 2500 people to log one mile will be sent a Red Bull sample pack
- 10 MILES: Limited Edition Strava socks (10 available)
- 50 MILES: One-year Strava PREMIUM membership (10 available)
- 100 MILES: Limited Edition Red Bull fridge for your office with a year’s supply of stock (5 available)
- 250 MILES: MARIN FAIRFAX SC3 2018 bike provided by Cycle Surgery (1 available)
Sign up to the Red Bull Million Mile Commute at redbull.co.uk/MMC or join the conversation @RedBullUK #MillionMileCommute