Gold medal-winning triathlete Alistair Brownlee has shared his top five tips for getting the most out of yourself as a runner.
- Be consistent. There are no shortcuts but if you put in the same dedication week in week out you will see the results
- Look after your life outside training. Recovery is as important as training. You need to eat well and sleep well too.
- Look after your body. Make sure you allow time for stretching and work on your areas of weakness at the gym.
- Be careful with your time management. If you have a job or family then you need to find the balance so you can make your training work for the long term.
- Do it with other people. Join a club or arrange training with friends so that they can help as well as give advice and support.
He’s explained each point in more detail in the video below:
Alistair Brownlee is working with the American Express® Platinum Cashback Everyday Credit Card to provide insider tips to help you improve your training and performance.