Are you struggling to come up with good gift idea this Father’s Day? Well don’t worry, there’s no need to buy him another dodgy book – we’re here to help.
All dads like curry, it’s pretty much a fact. So here’s a healthy chicken jalfrezi recipe that is bound to go down a treat, especially if you’re the one it’s for!
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 full chillies (you decide the strength!)
- 1 green pepper (chopped into thick slices)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of salt
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt
- 100ml of cold water
- 500g of diced chicken breast
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Heat your oil up in a big pan, before throwing in your onion, garlic and tomato puree. This should be done on a medium to high heat.
- Chop two of your chillies up finely (keep the seeds in if you like it hot!)
- Add your garam masala, turmeric, cumin, and curry powder into the pan and stir. Cook for five minutes.
- Once your onions have softened (don’t let them burn), add your chopped chillies and diced chicken into the pan.
- Allow the chicken to cook in the spices for around five to six minutes.
- In the meantime, take your two remaining chillies and slice them vertically from top to bottom. *Note* – you only need to pierce them slightly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, pepper, whole chillies, stock cube, salt and pepper, and water. Put a lid on the pan and allow to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes or so.
- Stir in your Greek yoghurt. This will give your curry a bit of creaminess.
- Add your chopped coriander and thicken the mixture with cornflour if you need to.
Recipe courtesy of DW Fitness.