This oatmeal cookie recipe is a must-try this wintertime. Quick and easy, it’s protein packed and filled with goodness – hello post-run snack.
All you need to do is follow the instructions below and prepare to be amazed by your gingerbread man shaped creations. Happy Christmas!
Makes: 8-10 cookies
300g instant porridge oats
125g coconut protein powder (Whey Hey coconut from Bio-Synergy works well)
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
3 large eggs
50g brown sugar
2 American hard gums
Blue, White and pink icing
1 candy cane
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5
- Grind oats in a food processor until you get the consistency of flour (this is just optional!)
- Combine the oat flour with Bio-Synergy coconut protein powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and set aside
- Warm the butter in the oven or using a sauce pan until almost liquid
- Whisk together the sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add to the oat flour and protein powder and mix well
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and drop the cookie dough onto the tray
- Form a gingerbread bread shape with your fingers, or using a mould if you have.
- Bake in oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Don’t overbake. Leave for 5 minutes to cool on the tray
- Add the icing, and the American hard gums as decoration, using a picture as model
This recipe is courtesy of www.wiggle.co.uk.