Ingredients (Serves 12)
- 100 g (3½ oz) gluten-free wholemeal flour
- 75 g (3 oz) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 175 g (6 oz) lactose-free salted butter, chilled and diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 175 g (6 oz) porridge oats
- 150 g (5 oz) light muscovado sugar
- 200 g (7 oz) fresh blueberries
- Put the flours in a bowl or food processor. Add the butter and rub in with the fingertips or process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the cinnamon, oats and muscovado sugar and stir in or blend briefly until the mixture makes coarse crumbs and starts to cling together.
- Tip about half the mixture into a greased 28 x 18 cm (11 x 7 inch) shallow baking tin and spread in an even layer. Pack down with the back of a spoon to make a firm base.
- Scatter with the blueberries and sprinkle with the remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4, for about 50–60 minutes until the crumble is deep golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into bars.
Calories 274 • Carbs 50g Fat 12g • Protein 6g